For my PowerPoint 1 project I chose to do a lesson on the Solar System. I made slides for each planet outlining some basic facts about the planet. The background for each slide was a picture, or an approximation, of the surface of the planet. I also included an image of the planet taken from orbit. All planet slides were in the same format so it was easy to follow. All of the text was well organized and easy to follow, but would not be what the lesson relied on.Other than the obvious peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printer) I would try to use a scanner. I would use it to upload class artwork or writing assignments to the class webpage. This will allow each student to be honored in one way or another. I would like to make short video updates regarding the classroom activities that were written, directed, and performed by the students to also upload to the website. I feel it will be easier to get the parents involved if the students are working toward it as well as myself.
I think the most useful thing I learned in the last week (well, before this blog post was supposed to go up. My bad. -.-;) was how to make my own layouts for PowerPoint. Now that I know, it seems so obvious. I was glad to experiment with the shapes tool, which I had done very little with in the past, and thrilled to use transparency to make it easy to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment